THE SEPTEMBER PLAYLIST

Monday, September 15, 2014

Hello! I do this every post but sorry for not posting. There will be a new post on the weekend- promise! I'm graduating on Friday (today is Monday) so things have been getting pretty hectic and photographing the posts I have planned were a bit of a pain but all is sorted now! Today, I bring you another playlist! Hope you all enjoy. 
First up we have Oceaán's, Need U. I mentioned Oceaán last month and decided tocheck out more of his stuff. I wish I checked out his stuff earlier because it's honestly all amazing!
Next up is YouTuber Troye Sivan who recently released an EP 'TRXYE'. It's weird but I'm actually quite proud of him; he's just a YouTuber but now, his songs are now played on the radio! Anyway, my favourite songs on the EP have to be Happy Little Pill and Gasoline and when Troye posted the Prides remix, I knew it would end up on the playlist.
Next is Work With Me by Kaasi. Kaasi featured in a previous playlist and a while back I found that he released a new song. It's been stuck in my head so I thought it was only appropriate to put it in the playlist. I find Work With Me so calmly and really great study music.
After, we have Cyril Hann's remix of Say My Name. At school, we sometimes listen to 90s/00s music in our common room and the original Say My Name is no doubt one of my favourites, but I think this remix gives such a cool twist- I love it!
Next up is Arcadia by The Kite String Tangle. I heard this on Spotify and it was one of those songs that you instantly like. I have to admit, it was on repeat for a good couple of days. I'm not sure why but the singers voice reminds me Bon Iver but I can't quite put my finger on it. Great song!
Getting close to the end, another song on the playlist is Lovin' You by Stwo. I think I heard it while finding songs for my August playlist but didn't quite make the cut. Recently, I listened to it again and was reminded about why loved it the first time. I can't quite describe it, but it's so catchy and not too 'hardcore' or 'jumpy (lack of a better word).
Next is FKJ's Flying Together. Much like Lovin' You, it didn't make the cut last time, but once I listened it to again I fell in love with it. It has a cool groovy feel to it which I love!
Lastly, it's a Ta-ku piece. This was the first song that I had heard from Ta-ku and it was instant love. Ta-ku honestly creates the best songs ever and I think you should take a listen to it!. Also, isn't it weird and that Willow Smith is singing this song too? Anyway, Ta-ku always makes masterpieces and I Miss You is no different.

Also, this month I wanted to introduce another one of my favourite bands: Sticky Fingers. They're an Australian band and I've been obsessed for about 2 years. Recently, they've come out with a new album called Land of Pleasure. Currently, my favourite has to be Liquorlip Loaded Gun and Gold Snafu. The best way I can describe them is chill and psychedelic with groovy (do people use that word anymore or am I secretly a grandma?) tunes. I'll leave you with the video of Gold Snafu!

Anyway, that's all for this months playlist! Comment what your favourite songs of this month will be for me! See you very soon!

No comments: